How I Shredded 30 Pounds On A Diet!




Years ago I was informed by my Doctor that my cholesterol was pretty high, and part of the reason had to do with my weight. My weakness was and is rich and sweet foods, some people eat to live, I on the other hand live to eat! I was about 30 pounds away from what would be considered my normal target weight. I seldom eat meals during the day more unhealthy snacking, sometimes fast food, but nights were my pig-out time. Here is what I did to shred those pounds.

I went to a dietician to provide a basic idea of a meal plan, it brought me down to 1600 calories a day. Afterwards a combination of what was given, and using my culinary creativity were the keys to helping me achieve the goal. Breakfast consisted of shredded wheat which I called hay with a banana, and keeping in mind my sweet tooth a sugar substitute was sprinkled over top. Yummy right! With it I had a coffee which is a diuretic and a vitamin to balance nutrition. The craziest thing happened which was by lunch time I was famished which shocked me a bit.

Lunch time consisted of either a tuna or salmon sandwich. I used toasted whole wheat bread, a little low-calorie mayonnaise with tomatoes and lettuce. On the side cucumber and fruit for desert. As a treat I would have a salad with again tuna or chicken. Previously much of the food I consumed had a lot of fat in it, so I felt much fuller than after a healthier meal. Never the less it satisfied me until supper time anyways.

Supper was my favorite dietary meal of the day because I could eat like a person again. It consisted of some type of protein like meat, fish, or poultry. Mashed potatoes with butter, side vegetables and salad. That held me for a few hours, but if you remember night-time was my big eating sessions, so I needed to figure a way of satisfying my sweet tooth while adhering to this diet.

I figured out a way to make mock cheese cake with practically no calories. I would take some morning hay make it fine in the food processor. Then take some plain no fat yogurt add vanilla extract, sweet and low plus mint mix it up. The topping was either fresh strawberries or blueberries again with artificial sugar on top. Other days I would make mega fruit salads with every type in the bowl. If by chance later on became hungry again anther yogurt mix.

Part of my routine was also a 30 minute daily walk in the park. The beginning was great shredded around 14 pounds, but after a few months I seemed to stop losing weight, continuing my diet anyways a few weeks later I started losing again. It had taken me 7 months to shed those 30 pounds, at the beginning once a week I would treat myself to junk food, but by the end the taste of oily or rich foods where not there. I managed to keep this weight off for almost ten years, did partially go back to old bad eating habits but maintained the weight anyways. Lately I have gained 10 pounds back eating way too much sweets and rich foods, so next week back to diet again hopefully the last time.

There are many types of diets and weight lose companies which for some people they need. I believe if you have the motivation, can get a referral from your doctor to see a dietitian then the motivation to lose weight comes from within. If I can do it so can you!


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Arnold_Nadler

No comments:

Post a Comment